Since 2014, a major initiative of the Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct has been to develop and implement a long-term plan for management and eradication of invasive plants on the trail. This massive undertaking, initiated by Friends board member Diane Alden, has shown remarkable success.
Please click the links below to see how the plan has evolved.
2014: How we got started
2015: Planning and actions
2016: Mapping the trail and activities
- Ridding the trail of Invasives Newsletter Article
- Why I Do Work Eliminating Invasive Weeds Blog Post
- The Ongoing Saga Blog Post
2017: Significant progress - removing invasive plants
- I Love My Park Day 2017 Report
- I Love My Park Day 2017 Photo Album
- Excelsior! Invasive Plant Battles Won!
2018: Expanding our efforts to improve the trail: invasive plant removal, stone wall restorations, and educational outreach