The Friends' own Tom Tarnowsky presented a lecture on Zoom for the Yonkers Public Library in association with The Yonkers Historical Society on the history of the Old Croton Aqueduct and its relation to Yonkers. Enjoy!
The Flickr site of the NYC Dept of Environmental Protection just posted these 2 images of the demolition of the aqueduct conduit in Central Park in 1931. These images show the original brick tunnel where it ended upon entering the Receiving Reservoir at approx West 85th St. The brick tunnel, showing a plastered inside surface here, continued to the southern division of the reservoir where it entered a gatehouse structure. When the water left the reservoir it continued downtown on 5th Ave.