Old Croton Aqueduct Keeper’s House Open House & Curator’s Talk
As part of the Path through History, hear Robert Kornfeld, Jr., curator, beginning at 2 pm, speak and answer questions about his exhibit, The Tunnel: A Passage Through History. The exhibit features engineers’ drawings and photographs of the Old Croton Aqueduct, now designated a National Historic Landmark, beginning with David Douglass’ earliest sketches from 1833, through the evolution into a design completed and executed by John Jervis, and later to the design and construction of the New Croton Aqueduct and the Gatehouse in Central Park. The Keeper’s House, used in the 1800’s as a residence by the engineer charged with maintaining the Aqueduct, has been restored and repurposed as a Visitor and Education Center, including details of the 177-year-old water system. Located on the Aqueduct in Dobbs Ferry at 15 Walnut Street, the Keeper’s House is a short uphill walk east from the Metro-North Hudson Line Dobbs Ferry train station. Inquiries: Sara Kelsey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-303-1448.