A Guide to Aqueduct Etiquette for Dogs and Their Owners
- DO keep your dog on-leash while walking on the Aqueduct. NY State law requires a leash be no longer than 6 feet.
- DO scoop the poop. Clean up after your dog along the trail and trail sides. Dispose of clean-up bags properly.
- DO be considerate of joggers, walkers, and bicyclists. Have your dog under control so that it doesn't disturb or frighten other Aqueduct users.
- DON'T let your dog bark incessantly as this disturbs the Aqueduct atmosphere for other users.
- DON'T let your dog dig on the trail.
- DON'T leave sticks, balls, or other dog toys on the trail that may create a hazard to other Aqueduct users.