Not since my wife and I moved to Yonkers in 2008 have we seen a year like this on the OCA. It has been beeeeyutiful!! In summary:
- April-clean-up day in Yonkers=300 vols, 27,000 lbs. of debris
- May-Love My Park Day=bigger than ever
- crosswalks/signage/curb cuts in Yonkers
- improved connections to Lenoir Preserve & Untermyer Gdn.
- masonry repairs to weir houses & vents
- continued removal of invasives, improved trail maintenance
- Highbridge opening!
- Keeper's house....saved!!
- Untermyer-record attendance year,record fundraising
- Saw Mill River daylighting-Yonkers phase 3 approved
- Easily doubled in Yonkers in 2015 due to continued revitalization of the city and renewed interest in the trail
- 500 and counting....
Bravo to our uber-active membership and tireless prez and board. Take a breath, 2016 is coming.