Learn about the self-made career of a pioneering figure in American civil and mechanical engineering and the Chief Engineer of the Old Croton Aqueduct. Light refreshments. The Keeper’s House, used in the 1800’s as a residence by the engineer charged with maintaining the Aqueduct, has been restored and repurposed as a Visitor and Education Center, including details of the 177-year-old water system. Located on the Aqueduct in Dobbs Ferry at 15 Walnut Street, the Keeper’s House is a short uphill walk east from the Metro-North Hudson Line Dobbs Ferry train station. Inquiries: Mavis Cain, email@example.com, 914-693-0529.