I Love My Park Day 2021
Starting at 10:00 am.
Presenter: Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct, and Parks & Trails NY, Riverkeeper Sweep, Westchester Parks Foundation, Teatown Lake Reservation, NY-NJ Trail Conference, Suburban Native LLC, New York State Department of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, NY State Department of Environment Conservation, Office of the Yonkers City Council
Join the Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct, local volunteers, and naturalists to celebrate I Love My Park Day by volunteering in your community to make a difference on the Aqueduct Trail.
Volunteers will be removing invasive plants, lopping tree-strangling vines, removing trash, and in some locations, planting native plants. Come learn how to identify invasive species and the best way to manage them. We have experienced crew leaders so volunteers will be in great hands.
There are five locations from which to choose from when you register at www.aqueduct.org/ilmpd
- Gerlach Park site is in Ossining – ages 13 and up, from 10am to 2pm
- Wicker St. site is in Yonkers – ages 13 and up, from 10am to 2pm
- Quaker Bridge Road site is in Croton on Hudson – all ages welcome, from 10am to 3pm
- Tibbetts Brook Park is in Yonkers – all ages welcome, from 10am to 1pm
- Croton Dam site is in Croton on Hudson – ages 18 and above, from 10am to 3pm
Adhering to all COVID guidelines. Masks and pre-registration required